batyr is a 'for purpose' preventative mental health organisation, created and driven by young people, for young people. batyr exists to empower current and future generations of young people to be mentally healthy, aiming to prevent youth suicide.
batyr provides unique and engaging programs designed to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and empower young people to reach out for support. The programs connect young people with other young people, to share their stories and experiences with mental ill health.
batyr's vision is for 'an Australia where young people engage in positive conversations about mental health and are empowered to reach out for support when needed'.
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Young people
- White collar
- Conducts Research
- Education (early childhood to high school)
- University or tertiary education