Centre of Best Practice in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Suicide Prevention
The Centre of Best Practice in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Suicide Prevention (CBPATSISP) aims to reduce the causes, prevalence and impact of suicide on Indigenous individuals, families and communities. A focus on at-risk groups, by identifying, translating and promoting the adoption or adaption of best practice in Indigenous-specific suicide prevention activity, including that which is found in emerging domestic and international research.
To support best practice in Indigenous suicide prevention, CBPATSISP will also develop and promote for communities, community organisations and PHNs:
- a clearinghouse website;
- best practice guidance and resource materials;
- a culturally appropriate evaluation framework;
- national conferences;
- an Indigenous specific adaptation of the ‘systems approach’ to suicide prevention aligned with the current overarching approach to suicide prevention; and
- a responsive education/guidance program.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- University of Western Australia