Roses in the Ocean
Roses in the Ocean is a leading lived experience of suicide organisation, providing a critical national leadership, advocacy and policy, advisory, and workforce development role throughout Australia. The organisation was founded on, and operates through the lens of lived experience of suicide.
Roses in the Ocean exists to save lives and reduce emotional pain.
Roses in the Ocean has been funded through the National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program, Australian Government Department of Health, since January 2019.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- LGBTI People
- Lived experience
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- Rural and remote communities
- Emergency services
- White collar
- Conducts Research
- Qld Suicide Prevention Health Taskforce 2016-2019
- Black Dog Institute LifeSpan Project - Research & Advisory Committee
- CRESP (Centre for Research Excellence Suicide Prevention) Lived Experience Committee
- IASP Special Interest Group - Development of effective national suicide prevention strategy and practice
- Qld Forensic Mental Health Service – Partners in Prevention Project Steering Committee
- Brisbane North PHN Strategic Advisory Committee
- Brisbane North PHN LGBTI Committee
- Wesley LifeForce Memorial Service Committee