SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY
SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY is a registered not-for-profit that works to promote positive mental health and prevent suicide by normalising conversations about mental health and encouraging people to seek help when they need it.
Mitch McPherson established the organisation in 2013 after his younger brother Ty died by suicide. Mitch shares his personal story of loss to encourage others to speak up and seek help when they have issues or go through difficult times.
Mitch and his team organise community events, fundraisers and presentations to community groups, workplaces, sporting clubs and schools to promote the SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY message, raise awareness, reduce stigma and to let others know it is OK to not be OK.
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Rural and remote communities
- Young people
- Provides Factsheets
- Relationships Australia Tasmania
- Tasmanian Community Suicide Prevention Network