Wesley LifeForce provides suicide prevention services that educate and empower local communities, supporting people most at risk. Established in 1995, Wesley LifeForce began as a response to the growing number of suicides in Australia.
Wesley LifeForce take a comprehensive approach to tackling suicide by working across the areas of prevention, intervention and postvention.
Wesley LifeForce offer:
• support and resources to community networks helping to prevent suicide
• training in how to address mental health in the workplace
• suicide prevention training workshops for community members and healthcare professionals
• Lifeline telephone crisis support; and
• postvention memorial services for those suffering the loss of a loved one.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Rural and remote communities
- Conducts Research
- Suicide Prevention Australia
- National Coalition for Suicide Prevention (NCSP)