ReachOut NextStep facilitates help-seeking by providing a gateway for young people to relevant and personalised mental health information, resources and services.
The Next Step tool is the outcome of a co-design and development process with young people and aims to:
relieve distress / increase positive affect
- simplify the help-seeking process
- decrease barriers to access
- increase journey satisfaction and service awareness
- increase intentions to seek help (and service use).
Next Step is accessible anytime and from any device and for young people and provides them with a place to start and shows them what’s next. The tool was developed in partnership with the University of Melbourne.
- LGBTI People
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Rural and remote communities
- Young people
- University of Melbourne
- Early intervention
- Evidence Based