The workshop aims to improve how mental health workers (MHWs) support people at risk of suicide through prevention, intervention and postvention. The workshop introduces a holistic, person-centred response encouraging MHWs to:
• view suicide within a recovery framework
• build knowledge & confidence
• improve attitudes towards working with people at risk of suicide & bereaved by suicide
• understand the strengths & limitations of risk assessment
• discuss the role of language & media portrayals of suicide
• value the importance of psycho-education, resilience & learning from crises
• reflect on the impact of suicide support work on MHWs’ self-care needs.
The workshop runs for 6.5 hours.
- Professional development
- Government Funded
- Evidence Based