We-Yarn was successfully piloted in 2016 and 2017, meeting a need in Aboriginal communities to open up a space to talk about, share experiences and learn more about suicide.
We-Yarn is designed to be facilitated by or with an Aboriginal person. The workshops are typically delivered over 4-5 hours. We-Yarn provides a flexible approach to learning about suicide prevention. Workshops can be held out on country (without technology), or in a classroom style setting.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal health and service providers
- Aboriginal community in New England North West NSW
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Health promotion
- Government Funded
- Evidence Based
- New South Wales